You might be concerned about the ingredients your toothpaste contains. Initially, all of us would look for toothpaste which had fluoride and SLS (Sodium lauryl sulphate) in it. In fact, toothpaste without fluoride is safer and more effective. People were of the thought that they would help in keeping the teeth cavity free and also help the teeth grow stronger and whiter. No one ever thought that it would be the other way round.
The reality was mitigated, so no one noticed the message displayed in the warning box which says “Look for medical assistance, if swallowed accidentally”. No one ever bothered to take care, even if it happened accidentally.
Let’s look at some reasons as to why toothpaste without fluoride is the best choice for you:
(Photo credit: Billy Alexander/www.sxc.hu/photo/1200966)
- Fluoride can be poisonous as it is a harsh chemical.
- Studies reveal that children who use fluoride toothpaste and the ones that don’t are equally vulnerable to cavity formation. .
- Too much of fluoride causes some minor problems like bleeding of gums, and sometimes it has adverse effects like thyroid problems, cancers, endocrine problems, osteoporosis, neurological impairment which is the result of too much fluoride absorption in the body.
- If fluoride is consumed by accident, then it could cause some grave problems, sometimes even death,even if it is introduced in our system by mouthwash or toothpaste.
It is said that fluoride is more harmful than lead. If a kid swallows a meager amount of fluoride or SLS say 2.5 grams, then the chances of that kid getting into a serious danger is multiplied. The World Health Organization tracked the tooth decay trends from the year 1970. This study reveals that the incidence of decayed teeth has considerably declined over the years.. The reason was improved dental practice and better oral hygiene and the credit doesn’t go to fluoride.
Kids and babies are highly susceptible to different kind of health problems when exposure to excess amount of fluoride is taken into consideration. Most of the health professionals agree that children must not be given water containing fluoride (Fluoridated water).
You can consider the following to reduce your kid’s exposure to fluoride. You could invest in a high quality water filter. You could change your toothpaste which contains typical fluoride to the ones that don’t and here i’m referring to fluoride free toothpastes or toothpastes without fluoride . Apart from your child’s health concerns, you might be finding it difficult to provide for him in spite of you working. You can contact the Child Support Agency (CSA) on the child support phone number for further information.
- Welcome to the blog dedicated to teeth whitening and dental care!
- Toothpaste Without Fluoride for Kids
- Top 10 Tips To Maintain Your Long Lasting Smile
- Sore Gums Causes and Treatment
- Receding Gums can lead to periodontal disease
- Is Sodium Fluoride Poison ?
- Effective ways to get Brightening Teeth
- Cigarettes – Dangers of teeth brightening
- Red wine – Useful “vice” of our health
- Tooth enamel – Tricks to improve enamel’s health
- Coffee stains your teeth?